Friday 4 December 2009

I wonder..

A few days ago, the microscope light bulb in the satellite lab in the ER where I am based, blew.

i informed the necessary people that I now could not analyze the urine samples, including the nurses. Then after help came, and the microscope was fixed, I quickly told the nurses as I was heading off to shoot some s to the main lab, that the microscope was 'up & running'.

They were quiet.

Err, wht is 'up and running'?

*smacks head*

Err, microscope OK liao. *smiley face*

Oh.....


So I went about my day thinking, hmm, maybe she just never heard it before..

Yesterday, the blood analysis machine decided to have motor sheath error. :S So I the cancer centre nurses asked me to get it fixed, and I call the engineer for it, bla bla bla...it gets fixed.

Being the nice person that I am (hahahaha), I called the ancer centre and told them that the instrument is 'up & running' (mind u, not intentional, it just came out)


*pause*

means the machine is not ok?

Err, means the machine ok dy..

Oooo..ok ok thanks!

*puzzled*

Is it just me, or..you know....:S



*thinks*

6 comments:

b@wee said...

And i thought me being in Australia not understanding british humour was bad...

b@wee said...

working like a charm pearly, working like a charm...

b@wee said...

aiya pearly, don la so brit ish.

Pebbles said...

*confused*

what's working like a charm bry bry??
Heh...and what's so brit about 'up & running'??!!

JV Choong said...

That is when I realise all those people talking about how standard of BM dying? BULL. BOTH BM and English standards here are CRAP. Just because you speak the Ingolese means NOTHING about your ability to understand rhetoric and metaphors!

It's sad.

Pebbles said...

Yes, it's true...I am looking at people from different countries who speak both mother tongue & english fluently!! And most of the time, they have an additional language or two dat they speak extremely well as well!!

Our education is just pathetic....