Thursday 17 September 2009

Crossroads

Today, I thank God for allowing me to vent to Jon, which was much needed I think...and he being his very patient self, really listened, argued, rationalized and finally calmed me down, in a not too melancholic way.

While I have so many friends from all walks of life, I m especially lacking in friends who share my passion in youth ministry the none-short-cut way. It is awesome to rediscover the passion and to know it still burns...perhaps now with more depth, and the affirmation I receive from people I respect a lot.

I have been thinking long and hard, about what I want in life. I have been struggling with a very unhappy state for some time, and at the end of the day, I had to finally it myself down and look squarely at the problem. And it has always been that I was not doing what I loved doing all this while.

Rubern has been telling me so many times to do what I loved before, and that was church and youth ministry. I always knew he was right, but it was a time I had to be off on my way and struggle. And in the struggle, much was learned, and remembered. And though it will be tough to release the vices, never easy to walk the right path, at least it will be more hopeful for those who think there is no hope for them.

And now, with all the 'little sisters' I can reach out to, I am so glad. I am glad to help with their personal lives, with their struggles in the church, with the struggles in their group of frens, their relationships.

So, if I'm missing from the blogsphere, dun worry, am in good hands...:)




BRYAN!! seriously miss uuuuuuuuu...:(

4 comments:

daniel said...

Hey Pebbles, you're RC too? I've been around in KL, am attending church but just couldn't find any group/organization that I can fit into. For the time being, I'm just a normal Sunday church goer. ;)

Pebbles said...

Hmm...which parish do you attend now? Ya la...gua RC la....kan u jumpe I kat ICG....Lol.

Well, I have been involved in a few things, but mostly related to youth ministry..cuz it's a passion. What are u interested in?

daniel said...

ICG 2007! Two years ago that was! By the way, I'm frequenting St Francis Xavier, sometimes if I sleep late I'll drive to the nearest Good Shepherd Church. What about you?

Pebbles said...

Ah! yes yes...I am supposed to be at STM, subang jaya..previously CKK, but now I go to SFX, PJ cuz I like attending vespers on sunday evenings. Yep, two years ago...Haha...my hair grew, was chopped off, and grew again! That's how long ago it was! Lol..

We should yum cha!