Friday 30 April 2010

wow

It's been 2 and a half hours already...and I have only taken blood from two patients, and ran two urine tests...the calm of a good long weekend I guess.

Was using the time I had to brainstorm (alone) on team building games for this bunch of 13-16 year olds I am gonna work with..There were some really hilarious ones, like in this book called Play It! by Wayne Rice & Mike Yaconelli, there is this game called Ha-ha, where the kids are told to lie on each other's belly in a line (one extending to the right and the other to the left) and the first kid say 'Ha' and the second says 'Ha-Ha' and the 3rd says 'Ha-Ha-Ha' and it goes on till someone is bound to make a blunder!

Tee-hee..it tickled me..:)

It is always nice to let loose and let the kid in you out! It s necessary to be child-like, not childish..

Kids grow up so fast these days..my colleagues now contact their 6/7 year olds via their handphone! Another colleague asked me if she should get her 12 year old an i-Pod or an i-Phone! :S

Being tech-savvy is cool, but the exposure scares me..Innocence is lost so fast..and even before they know the meaning of innocence..:( I think of my nephews and niece and I wonder if they would have solid role models to look up to besides their parents. Would they feel alone in a world where the values imparted to them would be so different to those practiced outside? Would they succumb to it?

I wonder at the naivety of some couples who just love babies..babies grow up into adults..and parents shape them! It is all well and good to have children, but I sometimes am terrified of the world I am bringing my child to. It is scary.
And as a parent I would be responsible for equipping this person to face this world alone someday...

Then again, I fear and fret too much..and don't get me wrong..I want a big family! (though I doubt I would be able to affort it...Lol)And I love kids too...:P just not ready for a relationship anytime soon. :P


( The ER is filled with so many babies tonight...cute-ness)

No comments: