Sunday 2 May 2010

Sunday morning! :D

Yesterday it was the first Persons Are Gifts team meeting for this new batch.

We started off with Praise & Worship, and then it was Ice-breakers & Group-dynamics!! First off, Poison Ball..

Each person is given a ball (fist sized..made of squashed newspaper..), and the aim is to hit as many people (waist downwards). When you get hit, you would have to sit, until the person who hits you gets hit, and then you're unfrozen and back in the game! It was hilarious! We then had the older ones (facilitators & trainers) against the outreach team. WE WON!! Boo yah! :P

Next was Toxic River (funny how most of the games we played had something to do with poison huh?)

A 'river' was created (two lines) with a breadth of 5 feet. The aim is to get everyone across. The catch is, the only way to cross this toxic river is to use the magical cap..(It was supposed to be this pair of boots, but we couldn't find one, so we went on with an AXN CSI cap. Lol) The twist is, you may walk in the river with the cap ONLY ONCE. And you cannot pass the cap over to you other teammates by throwing it over the river (all part of the magic. :P) It was hilarious. This small fellow was utterly terrified when he realized he had to carry someone over! The look of terror on his face....priceless...Lol.

The last was a rather nameless activity (must Feli what the name was) whereby the group make a circle, with their backs facing the inner circle. And it is filled with balloons. The aim is to walk from one point to another without letting any of the balloons fall bellow the level of their backs.. Poor kids were direction less.. One shouted go left, and the kids directly behind them went right (their left). Cute..

The most important fact was that the team really got to break the ice, and learn some real values in teamwork. In the discussion of the toxic river, some refused to participate in the discussion, but when they realized they might just be left behind and not solve the problem, they started getting right into it. There was a natural leader, and of course they were people who could not trust the partner to carry them across. Some gave up really fast, some persisted (even till aafter the game ended). It was very educational even to me.

I felt so much joy seeing this kids being empowered. I felt even more joy when the PAG team created such a safe, positive zone for them. Still, negativity seeped in on in a while, but it was quickly nipped in the butt by the other peers.


I was just thinking of all the people who played such an important role in my growth.

Starting with my father, who prayed so much for me as a child, even before I was born. He was my first catechism teacher, showering me with endless picture bibles and teaching me so much of the lives of the saints and most importantly of God's love. He made it clear, like doubtless, that God was a god of Mercy and Love. That has never been a question to me. And I thank God for such childlike trust in His Love & Mercy.

Then it was my brother and my sister, whose lives have been such a testimony to God's care. They lead such good Christian lives, and though they are challenged even today, their faith has been such an inspiration. God protects and rewards a hundredfold. When my father passed away, we did not have the money to pay for my siblings college fees...did not help that my brother studied in the US and my sister in Australia, and all we had was my father's EPF of RM10 000 only. So many people came forth and gave us the money just like that. Some were strangers, others knew my father who did a lot of charity when he was alive. Not asking for repayment. And when my brother got his job, he got bonuses just in time for all my sister's tuition fees. It was a testament that when you live your life serving God, he sees you through. My brother and sister spent their whole teenage life in youth ministry, in the service of so many troubled teenagers. They made some very unpopular and tough decisions, but they pulled through.

And the whole journey....meeting people who were instrumental in calling me back to youth ministry. Like Jon, who was moved to start serving again despite the pain. He actively found a venue for me & Feli to serve in. God given people sent like Crisabel who was given my number and directed me to Ben, who inspired me to pray the Divine Office. And these people were all inspired by someone else. And I have been so blessed to have not been forgotten in the whole great big network of God.


Yet, I have to remember, to whom much is given, much is required.


I cannot say I have found it. I am still searching.

In the meantime, I have to somehow walk the talk. Ridding myself of distractions. Even some which is painful to part with. Growing is never easy...growing pains..

I guess some beautiful mornings, like today's, is reward enough.


Have a great Sunday..:)

1 comment:

trassydicosta said...

Really nice blog.i like it so much.
Hey great stuff, thank you for sharing this useful information and i will let know my friends as well.
flower china
china flowers
china flower delivery
flowers to china