Wednesday 26 November 2008

Effective Malaysian Communication

Scenario: Mom and I are in the car. I am driving home to Melaka from Subang Jaya.
Mom receives a call on her mobile..

Mom: Ah...Dani??!! (Dani is my brother's Cambodian maid..owns her own mobile too)
Apa pasal?? Ha? Haaa??? HA??? Pigi (pergi) KL....PIGI KL...KL KL...Ah...Ikut Pearly isi borang...ah?
Knapa Knapa?? Ha?? HA??? apa??Ah..mo (sudah mau) balik skrang...ah....sikijap (sekejap) sudah sampai?
HA?? Ah ah...sudah jalan..sikijap sampai..sikijap sampai..ah...ah...

*puts phone down*

Since my brother and his wife works, the maid baby sits my four year old nephew...and from the sound of my mom's voice, I assumed something was the matter. Anxious, I ask..

Me: Why??

Mom: Dani....

Me: (Like duh, I heard her shouting Dani's name) Why?

Mom: She asked where we were and what time coming back.

Me: (Oh no...something happened??) WHY??

Mom: Nothing. She just wanna chit chat..

*Palm Face*

No comments: