Saturday 29 November 2008

Heading somewhere

It is so weird how you never thought some people you knew would never do the things they are doing right now.. Everyone had a direction..I'm only 23, and some of my peers are seriously talking about..


MARRIAGE!!


LWP is most probably getting married end of next year.
ALDS might tie the knot in 2-3 years time.
JJ has already a house with the future spouse.
JJT has planned to get married after the cousin.
There are proposals coming in for VSB.
FEA has steady plans for marriage.
KTCJ is pretty sure that this is it.
RLLC is set to the 4 year aim.

These are only pretty close friends. Not to mention my acquaintances!

If it's not only marriage (although I have to say it is the freakiest of the lot!)
It's all about the future too...which is basically about how to...


photo borrowed from http://www.masternewmedia.org/content-monetization/how-to-make-money-with-blog/content-monetization-tools-services-mini-guide-20070211.htm

Financial planning.
Insurance.
Unit trust.

These are the one I remember...blank out when it's about the "ka-ching"!!

Oh yes, I do have the occasional "I'm continuing my masters"...I just wonder what are the motivations...I do hope my assumptions are totally wrong..

And, when I do meet those completing their masters, it's all about..."My peers are earning and are stable financially...SHIT, why didn't I just work first?"

*on ~zen~ mode*

If one cannot be at peace with stalling obtaining riches for enriching the mind, then one is really misguided

*
off ~zen~ mode*

Hmm..unfortunately..this is all I'm getting from the peers..

I do not hear much about doing missionary work, save one guy whom I'm totally "in love" with..

I do not hear about doing something for the greater good of humanity, once again, save one dude, who has a difficulty in choosing between humanity and money..don't blame him..

I do not hear about doing something real in the political scene (all I hear is bitching in all honesty..), or for the education system..

I do not hear much about anything else..

So yea, please *begs* do proof me wrong, here or to my face...it would be most welcomed...PLEASE!!

No comments: