Saturday 7 February 2009

Pearly's working life

Being trained as a microbiologist with a background in molecular biology and DNA recombinant technology, going to a lab in a hospital might almost seem like taking a step backwards. But, I am actually enjoying myself.

Maybe I have always wanted to work in a hospital. Knowing I am dealing with people, although on a more remote basis, still my hands process their body samples to read what's inside! Everything matters!

The labeling, the distribution, system! Any mixed up and an HIV patient could be wrongly diagnosed! Any mixed up and it could be the wrong course of medication for a patient! Still, as much as reading hormone levels, and nutrient levels and cell numbers might be interesting, my heart is out to diagnose pathogens! I want to be in the microbiology lab. That is what I want to do. I want to culture those samples and recognize the microorganisms! I want to do it for a few years and then go master one that interest me..

Till then, I am stuck on the spinning bench, learning how the labeling and distribution system works..It is the most important bench, as fatal mistakes could happen there.. so...hmmm


Oh well, that is work for me. I start at 9am, which means I have to leave my apartment latest at 8am because of the wonderful kewajipan jam (actual journey is 10 minutes..the jam takes forever!). hehe. This means I wake up at 6.30am to have my shower and pack breakfast and lunch. I get my papers on the way into the jam, and read them in the car..

Since saturday, I've officially signed up to a gym, so I have been hitting the gym after work.. Being totally out of shape, and a gym virgin, workout has not been crazy yet, so I have been chatting a lot wit the bored but real hot trainers and consultant..Haha..fun bunch actually..makes gym a real nice place to hang at (PATHETIC!! NO LIFE!)

ok..just because I am actually talking to a friend as I am blogging, i have been asked to mention him here, so..here goes. Jop.

Back to my life..hmm..been thinking ab0ut my dance classes. I loved salsa and belly dancing. The gym I am at currently do not have belly dancing classes! MALAYSIAN WOMEN!! wht the hell is wrong with y'all!! it's a freaking good and sexy fgorm of exercise!! GET OVER THE STUPID EMBARASSMENT AND DANCE LA! WE ALL HAVE TUMMIES!! GOSH!

Oh well...that is about it. There is still a LONG list of things I wanna do, but as for now, as rubern says, focus on one first..so I shall...

signing off, till the next pathetic time i get access to the internet
LOL

No comments: