Tuesday 18 August 2009

Exhausted

I love this feeling though. It is because I know the exhaustion is not in vain.

Today, once again, I got kinda irritated with a few of my colleagues. not because they re bad people, but because of people management.

There is this one person who LOVES being the bearer of bad news. I think she is trying to break me because she is basically an unhappy person. She is insecure because I lost so much of weight and she cant seem to shed the pounds. So this married, mother of two, 30-ish lady, actually starves herself. I mean, if she were a teenager, I'd forgive the impulsiveness. Even if she were in her early 20s...But come on! you're in your 30s and can even understand that skipping meals is bad for your metabolism?? And ultimately wont help in weight loss? Sigh. She likes being cynical, and I think she hates it when I purposely ignore it, and continue smiling. :)

Stupid.

So, yesterday was a Monday, and now with the new rapid test kit for influenza A and B, doctors are in love with digging their patients' noses! (The kit requires a nasal swab sample). That does not mean that the normal respiratory virus screening had ceased...Did not help that I am not able to read the slides I prepared as well....and hence with so many variables, Monday was a complete disaster. So I come to work bright and early Tuesday morning, happily walking knowing JV (my pillar of sanity in the insanity!)would be back from her leave, and here comes adolescent woman, and smears my day with bad news, almost happy I made a slip up!

I did not key in the results of a rapid test in the midst of the chaos that was Monday. felt horrible for the nurse that had to face the Lucky patient. It was my fault. Yet, there was absolutely nothing else I could have done to make it better..
So move on. Learn and move on.

So the bosses came in to talk to the whole bench. And I owned up before anything could happen and explained why. See, Monday I told my boss I could not handle it. They just assigned someone from the spinning bench to help. These monkeys are total idiots. They smile in front of the boss, and say OK. Yes. *BIG SMILE* and then buat bodoh about the whole situation.
If you cannot commit, say you can't.



Then I have a peer, who came in about the same time as I did. Well I understand her situation. She wanted to help genuinely with another colleague of mine on MC. But she kinda mess things up. Problem is she was very confident of her work and did not ask for help when things got bad. Now one machine is down. :S And some of the very important tests can't be run... now the rest of the colleagues, they ought to have sat her down and told her why she messed up so badly. See, when you're aggressive when correcting a person, the person would be defensive. Simple mathematics. Now, why on earth do you need to practically shout at each other (IN TAMIL) how she made a big mess. It could have been more productive. (THANK GOD JV IS BACK)

I'm exhausted from listening to A bitch about B and B whine about A.. I'm a lttle annoyed that I am doing extra work so I can have a little peace and quiet in the lab. K needs voice control classes...:S

Oh well. i've bitched my share....Now, time to get some rest and get ready for tmr. Btw, did I mention I have fantastic bosses?

nights.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://mylifeisaverage.com/index.php?page=1

i duno about u, but i like this page, some post tickles.

maybe it'll cheer u up a lil

too bad we aren't wizards
some Mufiliato's and Confundus's will be good at work places

=)

Pebbles said...

hmmm...mr/ms anonymous is a Harry Potter fan huh? hmmmmmmmmmmm

Anonymous said...

^^ V

JV Choong said...

It's nice to know I make you...uh...sane... ^^;

K...is a mother thing. I think. My mum also damn loud one. The other one....she's like that. You shoulda seen her when she was at Spinning. Her picture's next to bitter.