Tuesday 25 August 2009

Only Happy When It's about Church work

I've tried all sorts..

I dun quite fancy self-developmental programmes that are not Church-based. Somehow, it never gels with me. I have been to many commendable movement meetings..Interact which is part of the Rotary club, AIESEC, I've been given a taste of Apex, and I've seen (roughly) a toasmasters gathering....


In all 4, it was very fraternal. In a way, I found them a tad sad cuz the friendship n brotherhood had to really be worked on. The difference with doing stuff with church is the brotherhood comes very naturally and genuinely. (Especially in youth ministry..I mean there is more than a fair share of two-faced hypocrcites la).


Great movements, do not get me wrong. Noble causes indeed, but I feel most happy when in sync with the Holy See. It is always monitored carefully to be in line with the Churches teachings. Sometimes, in these fraternal movements, good intentions could sometimes turn sour as well..when groud become exclusive and belittling.

Whereas at Church, the rigidity of it, ensures that the reason for the group is constantly in view (BUT the are MANY that are tersasul as well la..)



At least, I thank God that the choir and our little Purpose Driven Life gatherings are pretty well rooted.



And I'm happy.


Very happy!

No comments: