Saturday 8 August 2009

Food is the way to a man's heart

Actually, that is not what I'm gonna rant about today..It is just a random inkling I had to type out as title cuz I can't believe how true it could...(emphasize the word COULD) be. A long time ago (I can't believe 17 was 7 years ago!!..:S), I spent my form 5 post spm holidays in Perth with my sister. Bored out of my head, I used to cook lunch for the family...Especially my brother in law..Made him mash potatoes, fish n chips, chicken fillet (mind you, I de-boned them myself....dun ask me now..forgot..:S)..He used to love it so much. One day, (having no younger sister, he took me as one he is VERY over-protective about)
he sits me down and tells me very seriously, Pearly, never cook for your guy friends. And I asked why? He said, owh, caused they'd be all over you...don't you know the way to a man's heart is through his stomach?? I dun want them fellas to be giving you troubles...


*blank*

back then, men did not know I existed...correction..back then, boys forgot I was a girl..:S

Oh well...recently, after the accident, I have decided to dabble in baking. It's therapeutic...the aroma of your hard work floating from your kitchen....priceless.


Well, this was my first attempt on a fruit cake, and damn it was real good....But the cake was HUGE!

So I brought it to work, gave half of it to my colleagues...smart me..now I have to write down the recipe for that half of my colleagues! :S Den I had a bit left and brought it to my gym. Lol. Yes, I feed my trainers with food I can't finish..Heh...Maybe that's why they love me...Anyhoo..There's this John Abraham look-a-like..he is my personal trainer..who has problems keeping his hormones to himself...oh well, he had been so freaking busy, running up and down..I had to hunt him down to pass him my cake. Now he's begging me to bake one just for him...pigs..

couldn't stop thinking of my brother-in-law's words...

Den there was the EX, who'd beg me to make my mom's chicken curry..he's even willing to prepare the chicken for me, just want me to cook it! And CW who loved my pan mee....Unfortunately I don't think Bryan enjoyed any of my food...not that I cooked much back then..Hmmm...


Food and men...


Men bite as well...literally. It's innate! Talk about meat, in any sense...they'd be drooling...I dun get it...Wave a particularly sweet smelling bbq chicken in front of me, and if I'm not drinking, i wouldnt even take a bite...Just not a crave...Now, chocolates would be a different story altogether....the same goes for banana smoothies, and pasta..yummm...

And life..when it's happening, you dun have time to think! When it's dull, you had better wait for a pig to start flying!
Tmr I have to attend an annual meeting for all sime darby's employees...and tonight, I have an invite to mist, an invite for a thani session by the pool, and an invite to a pub in PJ to meet this traveller..and a totally new bunch of people as well...and to top it off, my colleague is bunking over..Now, what do I do...all 3 invites are tempting for different reasons..


Mist because it's club guy's birthday..And he is a good and damn tall dancer. :D
Pool thani because this bunch of people are interesting, especially the engineer dude, who has this real witty but tired look in his eyes topped with a whole dollop of cheekiness,and PJ cuz guy is a decent (probably gay) guy, who's pretty mysterious, outgoing, BUT MOST IMPORTANTLY...DECENT! prob is I wuldnt noe the rest of the peeps going thr..

Mist guy and Pool guy are people I met randomly, while Decent guy is a friend's friend who's prob interested in friend's sister, but decent nonetheless.


But but but...me just wanna attend mass, and sleep.

:D

WE shall see.....

4 comments:

Althea said...

Ooi... You cook pan mee? I want! Lets make it a date :p

Pebbles said...

Hahaha....can can...must brush up skill again....karat sudah.. :)

b@wee said...

You didnt cook much yes true, but you've got me hooked to chilli and sambal and chilli sardines and EVERYTHING chilli. I have chilli powder in the house now and EVERYTHING I cook needs chili. EVERYTHING is not spicy enuf here.

heh heh

Pebbles said...

hahahah....oh yea...i used to make my sardine sambal right? Hahahahaha....

but but u thought me potato salad...riiiight? and i love it!! yumm...wanna make, no one to eat la here, and no fridge yet! :)