Monday 17 May 2010

Of travelling, singing and planning!!

My weekend was CRAAAAAAAAAAZYYYYYYYYYY...

The looniness started Friday when Ian decided that I was leading Vespers on Sunday! And that meant chanting quite a bit solo..And the thing about chanting is that, the voice and tones have to be clear, and there's a fine line between solemn and sombre! :p Anyways, needless to say, i was FREAKING OUT!

I went home Friday night dead tired, went to work on Saturday, met up with my second brother for lunch, sped home to Melaka, and spent the evening watching Playhouse Disney with my nephew. Had a birthday dinner for my oldest brother,, watched this fantastic British show called 'The stars are in their eyes,' then practically died from exhaustion.

Sunday morning, had a typical unhealthy Malaysian breakfast of Roti canai with the family, packed and headed right back to KL. Immediately picked Feli up for a formation session with the PAG team, after which I rushed over to SFX for Vespers practice right before Vespers!

Yes, I was a bundle of nerves!!

I got everything right, but for some reason could not get the final blessing right.

And so...I created a new tune dat evening!

Thank God, Ian n Ben has created such a positive spirit amongst us, that after my 'fiasco' Ben texted and affirmed me for a job well done although I did create a new tune! Hehehehe


Oh well...the weekend slipped by me again, and I really dread work. It is so difficult to take my job seriously. Worse I find my work making me nastier than nicer. It is just so difficult to refrain from being like the rest of them. It is so difficult to stand out in character and performance. the management does not make it any easier. I find myself smiling less and less at work. And when people ask if I am happy, I do not know what to say. I might be a little happy, but I do not see a future for me.

I wonder if lecturing might suit me better? It might, it might not.

What I know now is that I am luckier than most to be working in such an esteemed company in Malaysia, and I ought to count my blessing more than anything else.

:)

2 comments:

Althea said...

If you start lecturing Pearl.. You'd make a damn hot lecturere, a looong line of drooling boys will be lining up outside the door to attend class.. hehehe

Pebbles said...

Lol..Thanks babe...wonder if that would be a good thing or a bad one...Hmmmmm...Lol