Wednesday 7 January 2009

babies :(

This is on a very very very different note.

Sanjay, my 5 year old nephew was running a temperature, and mom had to send the car to the mechanic (AGAIN!!), so I was left to babysit him.

Initially he was fine, slightly warm, but nothing to be worried about. Towards the evening, he started to quieten down. And was not so active. So I knew he was probably uncomfortable with the fever and all. Went to cuddle him (which he usually does not like), but this time he sat quietly. Then his temperature started rising, and I had to cool him down with a wet towel. Since it was near dinner time, I had to feed him his dinner, which he took in so slowly. By this time he was feeling cold as well, so I had to wrap him up in a blankey and cuddled him more for body heat.

So we sat like that for an hour plus watching Playhouse Disney. Half way through Noddy, I tried to feed my nephew another spoon, and he was asleep!! With the rice still in his mouth!! It was so sad to see him so sick, with the temperature rising somemore. So there I sat for the next hour waiting for my mom and brother to come home, while I did all i could to cool him down.

I felt so sad to see a little one I love so much to be in such pain..a small matter, yet it is just so with kids who are your direct family member I guess.

So when mom and brother came back, they brought the medication from the pharmacy and administered it. We had to wake him up and he was in so much of discmfort, that I ran upstairs. I did not want to watch.

So, I went about the usual..reading some stuff and all, and I came across this article: Gaza

Aih...

I was close to tears. Please stop it, stop the fighting, for the children at least..Please.

No comments: