Saturday 24 January 2009

Medical Lab Technologist

That's what I am, or will be once I am retrained by sdmcsj (Yes..it's name is damn long! lol)

My first week has been hilarious. Eventful and hilarious!

I am really praying that I will be a Microbiologist soon enough. I know that I would have to be an all-rounder in the lab (pretty cool la..phlebotomy is scary, but since it's challenging, I'm excited!).

My first day, I had to learn up the emergency response plans and the policies of the hospital. I practically sat and read the whole day! :S Day two, I spent at the bank..literally..no thanks to CIMB's incompetency (regardless of what the rest of the world thinks). Visit to bank (2 and a half hours!) left me in tears and laughter..too embarrassing to mention here.. :$

Day three I was at the "spinning" section where all samples are collected and distributed to the different benches..Man..Cramping all the tests is not too easy, but I think I'm fairing pretty well.. ;) Day 4 & 5 remained spinning.. It has been real cool...the people in the lab are awesome. This is a new life to begin with..

No comments: