Sunday 17 May 2009

Crash Boom bang

Well, as some of you may already know, I met with an accident last Saturday, may 9th, 2009.

simple really..

I did not have enough sleep, was aching from influenza vaccination and was too eager to get home....for thw wrongest reasons..

started my drive at 6am...fell asleep on the wheel, woke up, saw huge white thingy dat looked like the back of a truck, slammed brakes and (closed my eyes..felt like a dream) woke up to some strange (but kind) malay man who was trying to wake me up....at this time I was laying at the side of the road...

Degloved the mandible...which in lay man's term meant that I skinned my jawline...miraculously without tearing any tendon, and had some deep cuts on the legs....oh yea, chipped lots of my teeth..spent the next few days sitting pieces of my teeth out.

The impact of the safety belt was bad as well....my chest and abs hurt (now I even have blood clots lining my lower abs...feels like little balls under my skin...weird) and having bad toothahes...with the occasional bleeding stitches if hey choose not to ooze out some weird serum dat sometimes look like ous (my sister in law sys it is not infected...oh yea...she is a doctor...so yea...she's qualified)


I am lucky to be alive.

Very lucky.

Surprisingly, I did not experience the whole "my life flashed beforee me" experience....was squeezing my brains trying to recollect my emotions...I swear, if I died that day...it would have been so...insignificant.Like,it just felt like a dream. Nothing else.


Got me thinking...if I died...the only regret would be that I did not manage to revamp my life as I decided to just before the accident. And when I was in hospital, I wanted my family, and close friends. Kamini Veena and Kenny were such angels to come all the way. So did Cheese...thank you! I really wanted to see you guys.

Rubern, I wasn't sure...but I was glad he was there. I felt like I could just close my eyes and rest when he came.He tends to take my troubles away (when he is not causing them, that is..hehe...sorry for the pun, Ruby..:))

but more importantly,, I knew who cared, and who didn't. at the end of the day, the people who were always no 1 in my life were the ones who cared the most!

My family needs no mention....I love them to bits, and they'd give their lives for me...that I KNOW, and I appreciate...I have the best family in the world!!!


My closest, oldest friends....Kamini, Veena, Kenny, Darian, Joshua, Cheese, Karen, Bryan, Alfie, Fellie, Gin Jhen, Shaun, even Eunice..they were immediately there....I was so shocked that Arvind and Nurul came all the way too...and not to mention mommy Grace's scoldings..Djameel came to the scene!

but the accident brought me closer to an old friend, my "lil bro", Paul..


After all these years..I never knew that little effort made to reach out to a friend would mean so much...now I know...and he promised never to shut me out again! One of the many things the accident came in handy with....


Oh yes.....2 weeks MC is awesome!!!!!! :) happinessssssssss....I swear...


Anyways,sitting up is painful....need to lay down...Thanks for the many many well wishes...for those I missed out, my apologies.....head still...not functioning too well.......(ct scan came back normal I must add)

Thank you again, my angels...:)

and thank you Anyi for protecting me...I know you were there...I know it..

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Pearl..how are you doing??? Thank God, you're okay.. you better be careful.. never ever drive if you're tired or sleepy..remember that!!

Get well soon..
God Bless!

Cheers..

Pebbles said...

Hey Sandra...thanks dear...

I'm much better now thanks. Just saw my car today...got back my rosary..He protected me for sure..


Thanks again!