Sunday 24 May 2009

Klinik Sohvindir costs a bomb!

Just my luck...


Been feeling much better of late, I went on to cook and bake n chauffeur my mom around town, leaving my with a horrible, horribly sore shoulder. Was resting at home when Tim called..He's moving in the same apartments as me...We'llbe neighbours soon!! So excited!!

Back to my story, when I was on the phone with Tim, mom started choking. She fried Ikan Parang for herself, and mom's notorious for chocking on fish bone! Reason being mom uses dentures and the plastic dentures covers the palate of her mouth, making it tough for her to feel the texture of her food.

This being a norm, i continued watching TV. After a few seconds, I realized it was longer than normal. And she came to me asking me to pull the bone out. Not having tweezers I went frantic, looking for my forceps.. Mom was adamant that I could get it out with a pin head! (these seamstresses think the world's problems can all be solved with a pin, thread and scissors!)

Told my mom it was impossible and ran upstairs to get my brother (who ignored my knocks on the door and shouts of "KOKO"..so pist!). so I ran down and told mom I have to bring her to the clinic. (Only then did it occur that my forceps were used on plants and microbes...*smacks head*)

The thing about mothers....bringing them to the clinic is like trying to bathe a cat! Getting her to the car took ages...So I finally agreed to have a look at the bone again. almost fainted when I couldnt see it this time! I told my mom to just shh it and get in the car.

So I drove to some 24 hour clinic next to Klinik Lai. I told the clinic asst very politely what was happening. She sits there with the most bored face I've encountered and said that doctor was out for lunch. I politely asks what time would the doctor be back. She doesnt look me in the eye and keeps silent. I repeat my question and she screws her face and says "Tak tau la..." so still politely and patiently I ask, roughly how long..half an hour? an hour? She shrugs talks to her friend (who during this whole time had the head rested on her palms with elbows on table...infuriating me further!!). Than without giving me any answer she picks up the phone.

Swirling! I was about to shout at them. kept my cool and called my sister in law if she had her medical equipment wit her. Unfortunately no, so we decided to go to Sohvindir...

At least the clinic assistants were helpful. As I sat down, the clinic lounge area was filled with flies. There was one of those electrical fly killing machines (dunno name), which was not switched on. Fine.

We go in, and the big Punjabi doctor sees to my mom. I tell him there is a bone, which I saw but later on disappeared. He, having an indifferent look on his face, turned to my mom, didnt even asked her to open her mouth and said, if u cant feel it wth ur finger it isnt there. I said she feels it's very much there. He says aunty tulang macam paku. or a needle. Kalau sudah cucuk, 2,3 hari mesti rasa sakit. Itu sakit saja. I started to worry...die la...this doctor also nyanyuk dy. So I lied, saying my mom said she feels its there with her finger. Then only he ushered us to the treatment room.

Thank God my sister in law comes came at the nick of time and I waited outside.

Apparently doctor was adamant bone wasnt there. My sister in law was the one to found it and took it out.




like this right, ppl in batu berendam will really die in case of emergency tell you...


Oh ya....the whole treatment cost us RM110.00 sahaja.


Hope you're having a better day.

I came home and straight went to bake a cake. It's in the oven as i type. SHuld be ready soon. Baking and cooking releases stress. Butter cake for tea. Anyone wanna drop by? :)

3 comments:

ruby said...

WAT THE FUK!! RM110 FOR NOT FINDING THE BONE?? WHY DID U EVEN PAY HIM.. OR YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN SARCASTIC!!

AND YOU SHOULD HAVE SOUNDED THE GIRL.. WORKING AT A CLINIC MEANS YOU PUT PATIENTS FIRST NO MATTER WAT.. BITCH LA!!

hehe..

Pebbles said...

I am a (very stupid hence I'll rugi a lot in life) peace-lover..

I'm a lover not a fighter..

:D

Anonymous said...

ppl in batu berendam will really die in case of emergency tell you...

Agree with you buddy, they took no responsibility to patient and charged like a BOMB!!! Klinik Sohvindir, disappointed and frustrated with their service :(