Saturday 23 May 2009

Hornbill Vounteer Programme 2009 (& other advertisements)

I WANT TO GO FOR IT!!!!!

You can check out the programme here

*sulking*

The programme sounds sound. Pretty similar to how it was in the turtle conservation programme in mlk (which I want to hep with as well unfortunately have limited amount of leave..need to save it for the Perth trip I'm planning. Geram). It seems well organized for those interested, so do lend yur time and support if you have no other more important plans (Yes our ecosystem is important ok?)

Anyways, Psytrus and Daniel made into the finals of the Acoustic Showdown...first in the duo/group category.. Do check it out at Urbanattic, Capsquare, June 3rd, 2009. Sounds good eh? Anyone wanna join me??:)

Also, saw an ad in the Star about a play in KLPac called Belacan, Geragok and other Prawns..For those unfamiliar with Malacca and our very beautiful people (ahem *hint hint*) and culture, a rough way of referring to the Malays was Belacan, and the Portuguese Eurasians was Geragok (both terms highly discouraged to use...very rude), but Malaccans being Malaccans, marah tu betul betul sayang tau.... :) You can read the summary of the play below. Caught my attention, title itself got me bursting into laughter. :D


Let's not even start on MPO (but I shall anyways!!) Will highlight a few that did catch my attention, with easy to appreciate pieces..

The Classical Clown, June 21, 2009, sounds fun...a mime act accompanied by an orchestra (fancy that!!), Age of elegance, 4th n 5th July (pieces are pleasant..not too heavy), and (this I must catch!!) Haydn's The Season, with the Swiss Chamber Choir!! Me had goosebumps listening to them..Go youtube the pieces k..malas dy..although I think they sing in Estonian..:S You could check it out here tho.. Will be going for these shows myself..most probably...still teman-less.. lemme noe..

Wished you were here Lydia..:(

Will update again laterz... gotta go to the dentist for tooth fillings...accident causing me massive dental bills...

No comments: