Thursday 7 May 2009

Phlebotomy

Well, I had a pretty rough day at work today (the first time I will admit to that). reason being Attempt #2 at drawing blood was a miserable failure, attempt #3 & #4 were near misses, attempt #6 was sheer luck and attempt #7 was painful!! :S


According to Wikipedia:

Phlebotomy is the act of drawing blood either for testing or transfusion. It is a skill employed by physicians and many professionals in allied health fields, including nurses, medical assistants, paramedics, cardiac physiologists (UK) and clinical laboratory scientists.


So this is what I am to do for the whole of May...Wish me luck... I really need it..:S

Line-up for today:

It talks about the "wheels of health" complete with an assessment sheet on how healthy you are. Dr Walt Larimore considers a Health to be best defined by WHO - Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.

However, the also thinks that Spirituality is the fourth wheel that completes a person. As I have only started today, before my Phlebotomy Disaster, I am very interested to know how is he going to fortify his philosophy. He has so far been giving random, poorly elaborated cases to prove his point. I will just see how it goes I guess, cause the concept does interest me.

Then, I'll have to finish the movies I have rented:

(Half way, so I hope I finish it...:S)

Gin Jhen recommended this....we shall we......:P looks very familiar...

DISNEY!! :D

Oh yes, this is because I found this awesome place where I can rent vcds/dvds...makes my boring life a WHOLE lot better...:P And due date is tmr!! :S

Good luck to me again!


Signing out,

Mrs John Abraham

(Yes, it's still John Abraham season...:P)

5 comments:

Dan-yel said...

You can do it Pearl! Imagine yourself as a vampire... but dun drink the blood ok... My goodness, I hope the my mentioning of drinking the blood won't freak you out.

Pebbles said...

Heh..no it doesn't....though seeing it on TV does freak me out..this dude who thinks he is a vampire....uses a syringe to draw his gf's blood out and pours it into a wine glass and sips it...*puke*

Dan-yel said...

That's so gross! Come on, slaughter a chick and I mean it literally, or some cow, if it's too much store it in the refrigerator and perhaps Pearl, you can advise him what defrosting agent he can use.

Pebbles said...

*blink blink*

*faint*

Hehe...miss ya la...

Dan-yel said...

Aww... :]