Saturday 6 December 2008

Awareness...a lack of it

An excerpt from the Star online about eye-witnesses of the Bkt Antarabangsa landslide..

"Last month, eight trees fell on the hillslop about 20m behind my house and I informed the Ampang Jaya Municipal Council (MPAJ) about it.

"They came and chopped the trees. I thought that everything was okay then," he told reporters at the scene. read more..



Why are Malaysians so ignorant to tell tale signs as these..First I commend the victims' action of informing the municipal about it.

But sadly..."..they chopped the trees. I thought that everything was okay then.."

Does that make sense?? We obviously haven't taught our society anything about the environment, or how to look after it. Our society is very very seriously indifferent about it!

Please la... EIA EIA...nonsense! Look at this year alone!! landslides It is so typical, it hurts to even type about it.


My prayers for the victims...

No comments: