Saturday 20 December 2008

I'm no observer of politics

Call me ignorant, call me apathetic, call me indifferent.

It is hard to admit, but it's true. The things that interest me in life has to be more real, more comprehensible. I feel. I do not form strong opinions, but I feel very strongly the result of circumstances. This gives me a personal indication of what's right and wrong in the world.

I admire people who have a lot to say for the people. I admire those who have strong views. But I have my little own stances where it is applicable to me, my family and friends..maybe my nation. I cannot move mountains, but I rather talk and have opinions on the little things I can do or change.

Having said that, I have to say people move me. Nothing moves me more than seeing siblings spending the quiet morning together, the undying support a wife gives her husband as he is held in detention, the emotions of a nation moved by the words of one man.

I came across this video, Yes, we can, a song out of the words of Mr Barack Obama. And it got me thinking about our home grown song, Here in our home. I was wondering, why did it trigger different emotions in me? I guess it's because, over there, hope is real. Change is plausible. The nation has a voice that do not fall on deaf ears!

Still, I like Here in my home..:) Makes me remember the good things we can still hold on to.. Perhaps the arts might hold the answer to our woes.

Enjoy!


Yes we can


Here in my home


I love my home after all...:)

No comments: