Sunday 14 December 2008

Thankful

Yesterday, I saw Fellie off to her assessment for a job she is trying to secure. So, since I was up early, I thought of not wasting the day away by going back to sleep. So, I went online to read the papers, and read a blog or two...

8am-I receive a call from the company (ABC) that I've been hoping for! I get the job!!! Well...at least till I have undergone my pre-employment medical check up scheduled for 23rd Dec...But the best part was that I was offered more than I had expected as well!

Stunt, I rolled back the last 3 months in an instant!

It is amazing I'm still standing after all that has happened. I wonder, if it were someone else in my shoes, would he/she survive? I have been thinking..how did I get out of the rut?

WWF stint?
AD?
Bryan?
Fellie+Karen+Lydia?
Mom back in M'sia?
.
.
.
.
Something more than that?


Post Uni was Hell on earth! RC & SS made it a living Hell for me. How to survive the pain? The torment? While your ex and your ex good friend dated..knowing you were hurting, and to what extent for that matter...WWF was perfect!
Every night, I'd walk myself to death. Space out. Got a kitten. Barely sleep. It was physical torture..but it did keep the thoughts away. I surrounded myself with brand new people. I drank till I got pissed drunk (and probably totally unsightly...ugh). Did stuff I'd never thought I'd do, and will nvr do again!

And yes, Bryan was there for me all the times I went to Kajang..I'll never forget that one night I stayed over at Cheese's. Cheese got everything laundered for me..Provided a room and bed. That night, I was about to sleep alone..and I couldn't close my eyes without once thinking about the two of them. I was tortured. Bryan accompanied me the whole night. Aih, my little brother..love ya so much!

After WWF, came Alpha. Once again, I was too busy making new friends. And I guess God placed J for a reason. So in preparation for Alpha, I started to pray again after a long long time. The first answer I got was Rubern's change of number..

You know the deal, right Rubern?
Yea..
I already told you, the day you start dating her, you're losing me as your friend..
Yea..
You chose this Rubern..
*hesitant* Yea..
Goodbye..


To cut away the one person you were in contact with everyday of your life for the pass 3 years, felt like one lung collapsed! A limb severed. I lost my best friend..My closest friend ever. The man I once loved.

But this time, I was not going to break down again..Never again...I prayed harder.
The first challenge..

Oh yea..J's gf works there?
Huh? say again? who's gf?
J's.


Was this some cruel trick? I went on to recite the rosary daily. It didn't even pinch.

In comes new friends.. WL, -droi-, Mahin..
And closer did I get to friends I already had..Fellie, Karen, Lydia, Gin Jhen, Alfred, Jerry..
And my good friends were always there..Kamini, Veena, Raphael

Job offer. Learning & academic skills advisor.

I think I really want to stay in my field, chea..
I think it is the right choice.
But the money is good, yet I think that's the ceiling..I won't go far from there..I'll take the chance and reject it..
Lift if to the Lord, Pearly.


I prayed, Lord, it's not about the money. I'm trusting you to take care of me. Please..

Job offer. Medical Lab Technologist.

I know the pay is real low, and the place is far (and J lives there!). I need to tender 30 days notice to quit if I get the offer from ABC! Dunno what to do, Ma..
If Mama means, Mama'll take the risk.

Premko, I think I'll reject this offer. I know ABC has not got back to me, but I think I have a chance. I do not want to be stuck here when ABC offers me the job.
Ok, pray about it and then decide. No matter what the decision is, no turning back, no regrets.
(Lord, I trust You) I'll reject it Premko. Ive decided.

Jacey, I'm rejecting the offer..will wait for ABC..
Don't worry, the Lord will look after you. Besides, plaza blossom looks too dingy.
:P


Rejects XYZ. Job offer. Medical Lab Technologist (Microbiology)

It's not ABC, but if I don't get ABC, this has always been my second choice, so yea..I'll take this, Fellie.
Ya Pearl...better don't reject this one. When will you start if you're working here in PB?
Jan 2..it will give me some time in case I do get ABC.



Yesterday:
I drove to PB to collect offer letter..still stunt with the call from ABC. I had lunch with Althea

If you want to fine a place in Subang Jaya, you look ard section 16-19.
Err..yea..16 to 19 ya?
Yes..and if you're ard, if you wanna go after 6pm, I can go with you.
Really? I would love it Althea. Thanks.

I went to HFK to give thanks.

Hi Uncle Kenny! *relates work story*
The Lord provides, girl...by the way, you know the CSS girls ar? These two sisters...the younger taller then the older one..
Jeannette and Pat??
Ya...could you check with them if they returned the key to the RCIA room?
(When will these kids ever learn?....aih...lol) Haha...Yes Uncle, you can count on
me. :)

Strolls to Glory to God..

Hi Uncle Kenneth! Hi Aunty Marilyn!
Long time never see you here...Where have you been?
*relates the necessary*
You are very blessed..


Walks over to Extreme Fitness Centre..

Hi Elaine!!
Where have you been??
*relates the necessary*
Tsk...how is that girl..the small one...
*hopes its Fellie she's talking about*
..the Indian one..
*sighs* Steph?
Ah, yes!
*relates the totally unnecessary
Wow...I thought...bla bla bla
I dun care Elaine. It's over.


-talk about ABC-
-talk about boys-
-talk about potential doctor husbands....rofl-
-talk about potential vacation to Bali together-
-talk about their charity event...Bravo! RM 12,000 singlehandedly raised by Extreme Fitness Centre!!!!- *applauds*
-talk about family-
-talk about Elaine's ex!! HAHAHA-


You're really happy, Pearl.
Yes, Elaine, I finally am.
One day you will be able to look them in the face.
Not yet, Elaine.
Yes, not yet, but you will one day.
Yes. I'm happy Elaine, right now. I'm very, very happy.
*promotes Bryan's A Christmas Carol performace*

(My little brother Bryan is playing the violin for the "A Christmas Carol" play in KLPac from the 12th to the 28th of Dec, 2008 *super proud*)


Today:
Lord..you made me throw myself completely at Your will, and You did provide.
I do not regret any decision I've made, for all were done in prayer, and I was at peace with my decisions for Your Spirit guided me. Lord, I was not alone in my Gathsemany. You were there. You consoled, and you heal. Thank you Lord.

Today's reading:

3rd Sunday of Advent: 1 Thessalonians 5: 16-24

Brothers and sisters:
Rejoice always. Pray without ceasing.
In all circumstances give thanks,
for this is the will of God for you in Christ Jesus.
Do not quench the Spirit.
Do not despise prophetic utterances.
Test everything; retain what is good.
Refrain from every kind of evil.

May the God of peace make you perfectly holy
and may you entirely, spirit, soul, and body,
be preserved blameless for the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The one who calls you is faithful,
and he will also accomplish it.


The message could not be any clearer!

2 comments:

Inaesb said...

What a journey it has been isn't it? :)

Pebbles said...

A good one though..no regrets..:) Live life! Dare to dream! Sound familiar?? :P