Sunday 21 December 2008

Bah! Humbug!!


A Christmas Carol was impressive. I must say, it gave an overall good feeling after the show. Ebenezer Scrooge (Darius Taraporvala, COO of Astro Awani) was impeccable! The ghosts of Christmas and Jacob Marley were also very similar to how they were described in story. The carols and singers were relatively good. Apart from the traditional Christmas carols, the sings were written by the scriptwriter John Mortimer, and music composed by the very talented Nick Choo. In addition to that, I have to mention that the musicians were a ver young crew...the 1st violinist is a uni student snd the 2nd violinist is a 16 year old!!


Unfortunately the crowd was a quiet one. Pentas 1 was only half filled, and the people were generally quiet. At the intermission, Bryan texted me something to the lines of "Scrooge says tonight's crowd is very unresponsive. How about some of that hearty laugh of yours. BUAHAHAHHAHA?"

Darius must have felt bad. A middle aged couple next to me left at intermission. No one laughed at the jokes. And the famous, "God bless us, everyone" was spoken by Tiny Tim, I was the first to clap!! The rest follwed suit half a second later...unfamiliartity with the play I guess.

Props were simple, stage presence was good. Lines were witty (though certain scenes were a little unnecessary). And Tiny Tim's little song just before intermission almost brought tears to my eyes (of course I did not risk smearing my eye-liner by shedding tears!!)

It was thoroughly enjoyable. Looking forward to the next play I'll be able to watch!! It has been a long time since I've caught a performance at MPO as well...The last being Gustav Holts' Planets I think...


Oh well.. Me happy! Satisfied that I managed to catch the play! A lil sad I did not get to watch "Oh My God"...Ramon, working at the KLPac, said that the play had even scenes for the Eurasians...LOL...*kampung joke* Unfortunately it was the last night for it yesterday. :(

oo,oo...Jane & Cheese got me a real cuuuuuuute doggie for Christmas!! Thank you!!!!

2 comments:

fluotone said...

Christmas is here!! No idea who you are, found your blog from a friend of mine and found it interesting. I'm just gonna wish you Merry Christmas anyways cos I'm so glad its the holidays!!! No work and all play =) hehe..

Hey post up some pics of your cute doggie if you could..


Have a blessed Christmas & Happy New Year

Brian

Pebbles said...

Hi fluotone!

Nice meetin ya..Gee, thanks...just ramblings..utter nonsense. :D

Yes, yes...Christmas is here and I made it back to Mlk in time! :) nothing could be better.

So anyhoo, thanks for dropping by. :)

Merry Christmas! n a Happy New Year!! Woo hoo!! :)